Saturday 25 February 2012

"Unacceptable" doesn't work



“I have finished my dissection of the wrist and hand.
It is 3:00 pm, and I have to pick up my daughter from school.
I hold her hand tightly as we cross the street.
She notices, but doesn’t say anything.
Her hand is soft and warm despite the January cold.
This is what life feels like, I say to myself.
I have learned something about the human touch.
I will never hold someone’s hand the same old, ignorant way again.”     Rajiv Gupta, 1st year medical student
        Bertman, S. L. "One breath apart. Facing dissection." Baywood Publishing Co, NY, 2009.

     "Shrinking away from death is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half 
of life of its purpose."          Carl Jung
 
     "The conquest of the fear of death is the recovery of life’s joy.”             Joseph Campbell


Photo: Andre Gallant    http://www.andregallant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment